The Basin School District is an equal opportunity employer and gives preference to veterans.
We are always looking for substitute teachers, aids, custodians, maintenance, and bus drivers. Many of our permanent employees started out as substitutes.
Current Opportunities School year 2021-2022
Secondary SPED Teacher
Social Studies Teacher 7-12
Principal – Idaho City MS/HS
Activities Director – Idaho City MS/HS
School Nurse/Community Schools Coordinator
Administrative Assistant- Idaho City MS/HS
Current Certified Openings (teachers and pupil services)
Secondary SPED Teacher
Idaho City Middle/High school is looking for a secondary special education teacher, grades 7-12. Signing bonus up to $10,000 depending on experience.
Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify
curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work in selfcontained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Idaho teaching certificate with required special education endorsement
Demonstrated competency in the subject area(s) assigned
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP
Committee process for each student assigned.
2. Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show
written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that
reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
4. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special
education students in regular classes with assignments.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional activities.
6. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
7. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each
8. Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology in teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
11. Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved
by campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior and administer discipline. This includes intervening in crisis situations and
physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
16. Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
17. Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs
18. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
19. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials as required.
20. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
21. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
22. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
23. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
24. Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for
special education teachers.
25. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents
26. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
27. Maintain confidentiality.
28. Other duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Salary and Benefits
Salary range $40,369 – $58,707 depending on education and experience
Current Health Benefits through Idaho Blue Cross.
Life Flight Membership
VEBA health Savings
Leadership duties and stipends available in addition to salary
Classified Openings (custodial, maintenance, transportation, paraprofessionals)
Paraprofessional opening. Send application to jpilkerton @ basinschools.net
Application Click Here (PDF)
Bus Driver – part time bus driver. Must have a Class B CDL. Salary starting $14.00 hour and up dependent on experience. Full
benefits are included. District #72 is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are available at Idaho City High School
office. Ask for a classified employment application. Questions call Russ Taylor at 208-284-7966.
Custodian– full time. Salary depends on experience. Full benefits included. Bonus available for completing agreement.
Application Click Here (PDF)
2022 – 2023 School Year
Accepting applications for the following positions for next school year:
MS/HS – English, math, science, social studies, SPED, and administrative assistant
ES- elementary teacher, and paraprofessionals
Custodians and maintenance positions